Caroline is the CEO of Sevenshift, a firm that shows people how to leverage behavioral science to improve their working life. Caroline is also the author of How To Have A Good Day, which has been published in 16 different languages, in more than 60 countries. Some of the topics Mark and Caroline cover on this week’s show are:
● The secret manifesto Caroline has hidden in the book, which is shared by the Innovation Ecosystem.
● The 100-plus tools Caroline uses, all of which are scientifically proven, and operate independent of context, culture, or industry.
● What you can do to hack reality in service of having a good day.
- 03:25 - What’s the story behind Caroline’s book title, How to Have a Good Day?
- 04:45 - Only 13% of people around the world really felt excited and engaged in their work.
- 05:55 - Why are people so disengaged in the workforce?
- 08:50 - Mark gives a quick overview of Caroline’s book.
- 11:20 - Caroline talks about a study conducted on Gorillas, and the results of that study.
- 14:40 - You’re much more likely to complete a goal when it’s specific, than if it’s generic.
- 17:45 - Is the corporate world ready to embrace the kind of change Caroline is presenting in her book?
- 21:35 - What’s the tool or mindset that has made the biggest impact on Caroline?
- 28:05 - What is pre-mortem?
- 30:10 - Caroline shares an example of pre-mortem at work.
- 35:45 - Are people going to feel like telling someone else what you told them? If yes, then you have a good pitch/product/service!
- 37:45 - What does Caroline really struggle with?
- 41:20 - What’s Caroline currently focused on?
- 47:15 - What does Caroline do to remain creative and innovative?
- 48:15 - What does Caroline attribute her success to in life?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://innovationecosystem.com/hacking-reality-to-have-a-great-day-with-caroline-webb/