Marc Vollenweider is the CEO of Evalueserve and has spent over 15 years guiding Evalueserve to become a global research, analytics and data management solutions provider. This is the second time Marc has appeared on the podcast; you can listen to his first interview here. Marc has recently written the book titled, Mind+Machine:A Decision Model for Optimizing and Implementing Analytics, which Mark and Marc cover on this week’s show. Some of the other topics covered in this interview are:
● Marc’s transition from being a McKinsey partner to founding a business employing over 3,500 people.
● The winner-takes-all characteristics of the markets Marc plays in, and his strategies to go after these markets, are detailed in his new book Mind+Machine.
● The counter-intuitive benefits arising from simplification and automation.
- 04:30 - When Marc transition from executive to entrepreneur, what did he learn the most during that journey?
- 06:05 - How did Marc grow his business so rapidly?
- 09:50 - A couple of months ago, Marc helped automate a key process for a lot of investment banks. Fast-forward to today, what results has Marc seen from that work?
- 18:15 - Technology can get very complex quite quickly, but Marc is able to simplify these processes and leverage what technology is supposed to do in the first place: work efficiently and effectively.
- 21:15 - Marc doesn’t believe he’s disrupting the industry. He believes he’s exposing new trends, which then lead to new possibilities.
- 23:55 - When looking at the future of businesses, where does Marc see the biggest opportunities?
- 29:00 - Why did Marc write the book Mind+Machine?
- 33:05 - What kind of topics in Marc’s book resonate the most with readers who are fresh to the subject?
- 40:25 - In a lot of ways, small companies have a bigger advantage when it comes to disruption.
- 43:20 - How does Marc simplify his personal life?
- 47:00 - What has Marc changed his mind about recently?
- 48:20 - What does Marc do to remain creative and innovative?
- 50:15 - What does Marc attibutue his success to in life?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://innovationecosystem.com/mindmachine-strategies-that-enable-corporations-to-develop-new-innovation-capabilities-and-make-better-decisions-faster-with-marc-vollenweider/