In this episode, we are joined by Hanne de Mora, Co-Founder and Chairperson of management consultancy organisation a-connect, to talk about innovation of the future of the world of work. Hanne is also a member of the Board of Directors for AB Volvo and the Supervisory Board for IMD Business School.
What was Covered
- How Hanne and her fellow Co-Founders created new demand within the traditional industry of workforce and management consultancy services – and how Hollywood provided inspiration
- How technology changes the consulting, executive education and transportation industries and how these forces also apply elsewhere
- Why Hanne thinks it is important for business leaders to foster entrepreneurship within organisations through pushing responsibility for human resource and P&L management processes as far down the organization as possible
- The top skill sets which Hanne thinks are essential to being successful in the future of the world of work
Key Takeaways and Learnings
- How understanding the numbers – how does a business make money and what does its cash flow look like – will remain relevant for any future leader.
- In a world of ever increasing pace of change the ability to course correct is essential.
- Inspiration is not hierarchical – it can come from anywhere in an organization. And while mothers and fathers will happily talk about being inspired by their children there remains a resistance within organisations to gain similar inspiration from their cross-generational workforces.