Lisa Bodell is a globally recognized innovation leader and futurist. She founded futurethink in 2003 and is the author of the book, Kill the Company. Lisa sits down with Mark to discuss how leaders can become more efficient in the work place and how they can properly simplify the work process for everyone in the company.
What Was Covered
- 01:50 - Why did Lisa start her company, futurethink?
- 03:10 - Lisa talks about her book, Kill the Company.
- 04:35 - Asking people to take on more work, doesn't work.
- 05:50 - What does Lisa look for when she needs to get a better feel of company culture?
- 07:20 - Leadership is the number one barrier to change.
- 07:40 - What characteristics do good leaders have when trying to enable change?
- 09:10 - Good leaders are open to collaboration.
- 09:40 - The leader’s team can help define the barriers and break them down.
- 10:15 - Leaders should focus on asking the right questions first, before coming up with the answers.
- 12:30 - Leaders spend most of their time in meetings and answering emails.
- 18:35 - Don't call it innovation, call it efficiency.
- 21:30 - Lisa talks about the book she is currently writing.
- 21:45 - Lisa believes organizations are addicted to complexity.
- 26:00 - People want to do meaningful work, not answer emails and attend meetings.
- 29:00 - Lisa talks about diversity thought; how people think differently.
- 32:05 - What has Lisa changed her mind about recently?
- 33:50 - What advice would Lisa give to her 25-year-old self?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://innovationecosystem.net/lisa-bodell