In this episode, we are joined by Steven MacGregor, who is the founder and CEO of The Leadership Academy of Barcelona and author of Sustaining Executive Performance and his latest book is Chief Wellbeing Officer, in which he discusses the importance of maintaining positive mental health in the workplace. Steven is also an academic specializing in executive education and has taught at Stanford University, IMD at Lausanne, and CIBS in Shanghai.
- Why Steven believes that positive mental health and humanity will help us to thrive in the future world of work .
- How not to be over busy, and the benefits of slowing down in the workplace.
- Why Steven believes we should focus on the small picture, and how to quickly learn new and automatic habits.
Key Takeaways and Learnings
- Ambiguity: why being flexible, employing different solutions and the ability to pivot is an essential skill set for successful senior executives.
- Small gains: how multiple improvements, however small, can have a big impact on results.
- Mindfulness and well being: how taking care of your mental health can help lead you become a top performer.
- Agility: how movement can help to boost innovation and allow us to learn fresh perspectives.
- Nudges: how to take back your worries and feel healthier by hacking your social and environment rituals.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Get in touch with Steven MacGregor via LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook
- Leadership Academy of Barcelona, website
- Chief Wellbeing Officer, a book by Steven MacGregor
- Sustaining Executive Performance, a book by Steven MacGregor
- The Neo-Generalist, a book by Kenneth Mikkelsen
- The Stress Report, by DO Lectures
- Our World in Data, website
- Jamie Dimon’s ‘listening’ bus? Get on board, an article by Gillian Tett
- Scott DeRue, the Dean of Michigan Ross School of Business
- Innovaton Ecosystem Episode 071 – Learn, Leap, Rinse, Repeat with Whitney Johnson
- Other mentions: Stanford University, IMD at Lausanne, CIBS in Shanghai