Elmar Mock is the Founder of Creaholic, but he began his career as an engineer in a deteriorating watch industry. Elmar approached top-level management within his company with an insane idea, a new way to completely innovate the industry and improve sales. Everyone thought he was crazy and his co-workers distanced themselves from him, but that turned out to be a good thing. Today’s topics include:
● His experience and frustrations as a young inventor in the dying watch industry and the unique mindset he employed.
● Using examples from the natural world he highlights the diverse approaches to innovation, change, and creation.
● Gives constructive advice for those of us pushing for change, within ourselves, the organizations we work for, and the society we live in.
- 02:55 - Who is Elmar?
- 05:10 - Elmar decided to pitch the watch company he was working for an innovative idea. To his surprise, they said yes.
- 08:05 - The point of innovation is to make the impossible, possible.
- 10:50 - The watch company and the industry were suffering. They had let go 4,000 people in four years. No one wanted to associate themselves with Elmar and his friend.
- 14:25 - Did Elmar succeed? How did the project end?
- 18:45 - How did Elmar come up with the name Creaholic?
- 20:15 - How easy is to drive innovation in an organization?
- 27:05 - Elmar explains why he hates the ‘intrapreneur’ title.
- 33:20 - What has Elmar changed his mind about recently?
- 35:25 - What does Elmar do to remain creative?
- 37:35 - What does Elmar attribute his success to in life?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://innovationecosystem.com/reviving-the-swiss-watch-industry:-the-remarkable-story-of-swatch-with-elmar-mock/