Trish Malarkey is the Head of Research and Development at Syngenta, a company that has become a leader in the agricultural industry by bringing retailers and farmers improved management solutions. Trish has extensive technical knowledge in biology, chemistry, and biotechnology. Combining her expertise with her leadership position at Syngenta, Trish offers highly valuable insights that are both unique and eye-opening. Discover how to manage and create an innovative environment for a talented team of scientists on this week's episode.
- 02:15 - What does Trish do?
- 05:55 - Why are so many people working in Switzerland in the science field?
- 06:55 - Why did Trish accept the position, Head of Research and Development, at Syngenta?
- 08:30 - How does Trish create an innovative environment with her employees?
- 11:40 - Trish discusses how to create a company culture filled with purpose.
- 13:30 - From a leadership perspective, what does Trish do to inspire innovation?
- 18:30 - What is Syngenta doing that makes them better than their competitors?
- 21:00 - How does Trish know the research she is doing today will be beneficial in 2025?
- 24:30 - What does Trish see right now in terms of innovation in the agricultural industry?
- 27:50 - Why should people join the agricultural industry as a career?
- 30:00 - What does the word 'mastery' mean to Trish as a professional?
- 31:45 - What does mastery mean to a leader, especially in the science field?
- 32:50 - What has Trish changed her mind about recently?
- 34:15 - What does Trish do to remain creative?
- 35:10 - What does Trish attribute her success to?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://innovationecosystem.com/building-an-industry-leading-innovation-engine-with-trish-malarkey/