Cris Beswick is a former product and industrial designer and has spent the last decade as a successful entrepreneur. He is now a globally recognized thought leader on strategic innovation and creating innovative organizations. Cris is also the author of Building a Culture of Innovation and discusses strategic ways leaders and entrepreneurs can apply an innovative framework into their company.
- 02:30 - How did Cris get started in this industry?
- 05:05 - Innovation is everywhere, but very few businesses know how to properly execute it.
- 08:20 - Innovation needs company culture behind it for it to succeed.
- 09:00 - Cris helps big organizations retain their culture as they begin to grow.
- 10:10 - What are successful entrepreneurs/intrapreneurs doing really well?
- 12:25 - How are you engaging your senior team currently?
- 14:15 - What are leaders doing right now that's been really effective for culture innovation?
- 15:35 - Good leaders constantly remind their team about the importance of innovation.
- 18:25 - How do leaders drive their team to new areas without disrupting performance?
- 21:50 - Cris talks about his latest book on innovation and why it's different from all the others.
- 26:55 - Cris's book goes into the real nuts and bolts of how to execute a culture of innovation within a large organization.
- 30:00 - Good innovation has measurements and goals in place to track success.
- 33:10 - A large number of senior teams admit they don't know their customers well enough.
- 38:00 - After managing millennials, the next leadership challenge is how to manage and lead team collaborations.
- 38:45 - Will we see a future where companies are collaborating with their customers as they design new products?
- 39:40 - What are Cris's morning rituals?
- 41:10 - What has Cris changed his mind about recently?
- 42:15 - What advice would Cris have for his 25-year-old-self?